Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Bridget Motsepe-Radebe responds to Afriforum

South African businesswoman, Bridget Motsepe-Radebe, has hit back at Afriforum after the organisation threw its weight behind Botswana government in a litigation case that implicates her.

Afriforum held a press conference this morning announcing it will assist Botswana in its criminal investigations into the looting of an alleged P100 billion from the government coffers.

Motsepe-Radebe has been fingered in the case where she is alleged to have been a co-signatory into some of the accounts that hosted the stolen money.

Motsepe-Radebe told The Voice Online this afternoon that it is unfortunate that AfriForum has decided to repeat baseless allegations which she demonstrated to be false, 6 months ago.

“I reserve my rights to take action against AfriForum and any other party who repeat such false allegations. I would welcome the South African government assisting the Botswanan government with its request for mutual assistance. These allegations are harmful to my reputation and to all the other citizens that have been referenced in the affidavit,” she further stated.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Motsepe-Radebe’s name cropped up in a case levelled against suspended spy, Welheminah Mphoeng Maswabi, codenamed Butterfly.

The case which continues this coming August is set to open a can of worms as it has also linked former Directorate of Intelligence and Security Services (DISS), Isaac Kgosi and former President, Ian Khama.

“The baseless allegations repeated by AfriForum are that I was a co-signatory of at least two bank accounts (one of which was an Absa and the other a Nedbank account) holding funds allegedly stolen from the Botswana government to finance a coup before Botswana’s national elections,” she said.

In the case Butterfly is accused of money laundering, financing terrorism as well as having unexplained passport documents.

“There is no truth to these allegations. I have never laundered money. I have denied these allegations since December last year on the basis of readily available evidence which has already been widely reported on in both South Africa and Botswana media,” Motsepe-Radebe said.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

You May Also Like

Business

Choppies directors score major victory against PwC in multimillion Pula suit

News

Ten Moeding College students charged for the murder of a fellow student were this morning (Friday) granted bail by a Lobatse Magistrates court. 18-year-old...

News

The Ministry of Health and Wellness wishes to inform members of the public that it is currently investigating certain mutations of the SARS COV-2...

News

The last witness in the BDF Namibian killings inquest took the stand in Kasane this morning. Moments after witness number 35 gave his testimony,...

News

WATCH: Former President talks to The Voice in a virtual interview about his visit to South Africa, his differences with President Masisi and the...

News

WATCH: A Broadhurst Magistrates court yesterday further remanded in custody, four men linked to the G4S Security P2 million heist which occurred at Turn...

Advertisement

Copyright © TheVoiceBW. (Since1993) made with ❤️ in Botswana.