Connect with us

News

Four murder suspects in court

Published

on

murder suspect

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) office is still studying a case in which four men are accused of attacking passengers in a combi and stabbing a man to death with a knife.

State Prosecutor Juliet Tshokonego told court that they recently received the docket from the police Investigating Officers and they are still assessing the evidence of the case. Meanwhile she made an application for extended remand for two of the accused persons.

The quartet, Lethata Tebatso Lesole, Ravern Mogapaesi, Goldman Tiroyamodimo Nkunga, all aged 23 and Joseph Boheto aged 26 are facing a murder charge and four counts of robbery. The incident occurred last year July. It is alleged the suspects boarded a Mogoditshane combi from Gaborone Bus Rank, where they later attacked passengers and stabbed the deceased.

Previously, the court heard that on or about the 11th of July 2019 in Mogoditshane, the four accused persons acting jointly together in concert murdered Wilson Chiundo.

On the second count the four allegedly robbed Tlalelo Madoko P300 and a black jacket valued at P150 and at the time of the robbery they used violence to retain the said property. On the third count the quartet is alleged to have robbed Mpho Rankwae of a black Huawei GR3 phone valued at P2, 000 and in the process used violence on the said victim.

On the fifth count the four young men are accused of robbing Precious Kgosietsile of a red and green handbag valued at P150, food container at the value of P15, cash amounting to P50 and in the process using violence.



Boheto is said to have two murder cases pending before court. The murder incidents are alleged to have been committed in Mogoditshane and Gaborone West in June, 2016 and January 2019. Nkunga has pending cases of robbery, burglary and theft and stealing from a dwelling house, allegedly committed this January in Mogoditshane.

Mogapaesi and Lesole who are out on bail appeared for mention before Broadhurst Chief Magistrate Lenah Mokibe-Oahile last Thursday.


When asked if they have anything to say, Mogapaesi said he is concerned that he has long asked prosecution to provide him with witness statements and they are taking long. He said in the previous mention, prosecution had mentioned that investigations are complete and he expected his request to be considered.

“I need to study the case so it is necessary to get all the documents including forensic reports. I am accused of something I did not do and I have to see if I can seek legal advice and representation during trial,” said Mogapaesi

Chief Magistrate Oahile told him that he will be served by the necessary documents when their case gets committed to the High Court for trial. She extended remand warrant for Nkunga and Boheto. The matter was adjourned to the 31st of August for status update.

Advertisement

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Absa-Botswana-Contactless
Advertisement
Advertisement


Trending