Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

A bloody Friday
A bloody Friday
ON A MAN HUNT: Superintendent Jerry Halahala

Latest News

A bloody Friday

Two bodies discovered at Phanga lands
Old man killed in Gulushabe lands

Police in Tutume is on the hunt for a herdboy in connection with two dead bodies found at Phanga farms near Sebina on Friday.

Tutume Police Station Commander, Superintendent Jerry Halahala, revealed to The Voice that the two bodies with severe head injuries were discovered by a neighbour on Friday who immediately alerted the police.

He said they rushed to the scene and found the two bodies in a bad state and ferried them to Tutume Hospital where they were certified dead.

Halahala said one of the deceased, a Motswana woman in her early 50s, had gone to the farm early that day to deliver food to her disabled brother and farmworkers.

“She is the sister to the farm owner who at the time of the incident was hospitalised at Nyangagbwe Referral Hospital,” said Halahala.

According to the Station Commander, one of the deceased was a farmworker and a Zimbabwean national who does not have traveling documents.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

“He’s a young man in his late 20s,” he said.

The Station Commander said they’re however still in a manhunt for the missing herdboy to help them with the investigations.

“From the information we’ve gathered so far, he’s also in the country illegally and disappeared on the day or a few moments after the incident.

Meanwhile, a Zimbabwean man, Ntando Moyo, was arraigned before a Francistown Magistrates Court on Tuesday afternoon in connection of with the death of a 74-year-old at Gulushabe Lands near Tonota.

According to Tonota Police Station Commander, Superintendent Oteng Ngada, they received a report on Friday about a man who was lying in a prone position.

Ngada said when the police arrived at the scene the man was barely moving and was immediately rushed to the clinic, which referred him to Nyangagbwe Hospital.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

“Unfortunately he died on Monday. We later heard rumours that the man was assaulted and we’ve arrested a Zimbabwean man who was detained on a holding charge. The man is also an illegal immigrant,” he said.

Ngada said they’re still awaiting post-mortem results which could be key to their case when the suspect returns to court on June 6th.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You May Also Like

Latest News

The mystery deepens on Lobatse missing child “Rrabeisane has told me that three men and two women abducted my son for ritual purposes to...


• Event debut in Francistown next weekend The annual 70s and 80s party hosted in the heart of the city at the Grandpalm resort...


Athletics next generation ready to shine alongside veterans Exactly a month to go until the World Athletics Championships, Botswana’s hopes of American glory rest...

Latest News

A 49-year-old Maun man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping a deaf and dumb student from the school where he...

Latest News

Dad maintains innocence, insists confession was beaten out of him Dubbed ‘dirty dad’ by the media, a Maun man accused of repeatedly raping his...

Latest News

‘I though it was cloths not drugs!’ Four months after he was caught with big bags of marijuana in his vehicle, a South African...

Latest News

The pre-election period in Zimbabwe is depressingly predictable. It is always marred with violence and the main political parties accusing each other of bloodshed....


The advent of the fourth industrial revolution has shaken many business entities to the core, challenging the traditional ways of conducting business. However, for...