Police have confirmed the death of a one-year-old baby girl whose life was cut short after she accidentally fell off her parents bed recently.
The little girl from Lokgwabe village had allegedly been left unattended and she accidentally slipped and fell to her death while playing on her parent’s bed.
Tshane Police Station Commander, Superintendent Vusimuzi Jorowe, confirmed that the incident was reported on December 27th, 2021.
“We are investigating a death incident in which a baby was suspected to have been injured after falling from the bed. She was taken to the hospital and kept under observation where unfortunately she was later certified dead,” explained Superintendent Jorowe.
He said the post-mortem was conducted on Friday still awaiting the results which will further assist them make decision on the matter.
The toddler’s father is said to have left her alone playing on the bed while he went outside the house to call her mother.
While he was still outside he allegedly heard the baby crying and swiftly rushed into the house and unfortunately he found the baby sprawled on the floor.
The little girl who started having difficulties breathing was taken to the hospital where she was later certified dead.
However, the station commander revealed that it was the second death incident involving a toddler following another one that occurred last March when fifteen-month-old boy was chocked by a piece of meat.
Superintendent Jorowe advised parents to be vigilant around children and to ensure that they are never left unattended.