Connect with us


Battered by Batista



Night out ends in bruises *”She insulted my parents!” Pabloz bouncer

A reveler in Francistown got more than she bargained for when a bouncer at the trendy Pabloz Executive Lounge reportedly turned her into a punching bag in front of her shocked friends.

Veronique Mamashela-Baluwa’s night out ended with a swollen face and uprooted hair after Thembinkosi Mfana allegedly pummeled her with fists following claims of a rejected love proposal.

Pabloz Manager, Bright Monamati, popularly known as DJ Slim, confirmed to The Voice that indeed one of their clients issued a complaint against a member of his staff.

“She came here at night and I asked her to come the following day for us to listen to both sides of the story. She never returned and weeks later I heard the two were summoned to the police station,” said Monamati.

In an interview with The Voice on Tuesday, Baluwa revealed her trouble started when she was reprimanded for smoking in the wrong zone.

“I complied and moved to the right spot. However, the bouncer made sly remarks about my attire and proceeded to tell me that he ‘knows girls like me’,” narrated Baluwa.

She said the bouncer went on to tell her, “people like you who hang around with white people think you’re all that.”

“That’s when I responded, ‘what the f**k, dude!’” explained Baluwa, pausing briefly to compose herself before continuing her narrative.

“He then went off on me, punching and kicking until I was rescued by two gentlemen.”

The divorced mother-of-two says the muscly Mfana, a body builder with an imposing figure, even ripped out a chunk of her braids, leaving her with an ugly bald spot and a splitting headache.

The matter was reported at Kutlwano Police where the two were called in to give statements.

“The issue was committed to the Customary Court, but his lawyer wrote a letter demanding that the matter be heard by a Magistrate,” she said.

Baluwa further told The Voice she was shocked to learn that for ‘the battering he gave her’, Mfana was only liable to a P200 fine for assault.

“I’m pissed off at the law more than anything else. If you kick a neighbour’s dog, you’ll probably get a stiffer punishment! But I guess there’s nothing to protect Gender Based Violence victims,” she stated somberly.

A self-confessed GBV survivor, Baluwa revealed it had been a year since a man laid a hand on her.

“After 12 months of being GBV free, a total stranger punched me and ripped off my hair!” she exclaimed angrily.

While the incident happened in late January, Baluwa vowed she would not rest until her ‘tormentor is punished for the pain he inflicted on her’.

Meanwhile, the man at the centre of the controversy accused Baluwa of playing the victim ‘when she knows very well that she was the aggressor’.


The ripped Mfana, who is popularly known as Batista after the former WWE wrestler, maintains Baluwa is looking for sympathy and is blowing the story out of proportion.

“I simply reprimanded her for smoking in a no-smoking area and she hurled insults at me. First she said, ‘Who the f**k do you think you are?’ I ignored her and moved away,” insisted Mfana.

However, the bouncer, who described himself as a mature married man, said he eventually lost his temper after Baluwa uttered the words, ‘this mother-f**r wa ntwaela (he’s full of st)’.

“I slapped her for insulting my parents,” conceded Mfana.

“She was totally out of control and kept threatening me about destroying my life as she apparently knows people in higher place. She should tell you the truth. She’s lying and her lies will be exposed in court,” warned the unimpressed bouncer, who admitted pulling out some of Baluwa’s braids.

The matter is yet to be heard before court.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Block 8 nurse challenges Covid-19 test results



A nurse who allegedly tested positive of Covid-19 during the emergency parliament session has given the Ministry of Health and Wellness up to next week Tuesday to respond to his legal demands as he believes that the test results were fake.

The victim, Morobi Dinao, a nurse at Block 8 Gaborone has made demands that the ministry give him signed results by the person who carried out the laboratory tests.

Dinao was diagnosed at a special parliament sitting in April, his supposed positive results leading to all MPs and those who attended the session to undergo a 14-day mandatory quarantine.

According to legal documents from Ndadi law firm, the 37-year-old nurse was admitted at Sir Ketumile Masire Teaching Hospital on the 9th of April after he was told he tested positive.

On the 13th he demanded to see his results but was sent from pillar to post and the hospital could not give him the results.

He kept on demanding his results and on the 19th of April he was shown the results through his glass door from outside by one Dr Feledi.

Dinao allegedly asked for a copy of the results but the Doctor said he would revert to him after consulting with his superiors.

He was given his results when he was discharged on the 24th of April.

There was no explanation of the results and the document was also not signed hence the suspicion that they were not authentic.

Some of the things that made him suspicious, he says, are that the specimen submission form that carries his results is markedly from the one he completed on the day of tests.

He says the form does not have the laboratory personnel signature portion yet the one he duly completed had it.

The demands are that MOH should give an account of the delay of initial results.

Dinao’s lawyer, Uyapo Ndadi, told The Voice Online that they are awaiting response to their client’s demands before they can take the next step.

“I do not understand how a doctor can seek for his superior’s permission to give a patient his own results. How do you get admitted without seeing your results and told we are following the instructions to admit you? A lot is questionable in the whole scenario,” said Ndadi.

Ndadi further said he’ll await his client’s instruction before considering any court action.

Continue Reading


No water supply in Maun this weekend

*Main water pipe raptured at Nxaraga

*70% water supply shut down for maintenance work



Most parts of Maun and surrounding areas are expected to experience a dry spell this weekend as the Water Utilities Corporation (WUC) cuts water supply for the next two days.

The department’s head of business, Thabo Ndadi, explained that seventy percent supply of water in and around Maun will be shut down to allow for maintenance of main water pipe to the area.

“This week we discovered that our main water pipe that brings in water from Kunyere boreholes has raptured and thus unable to adequately supply water,” explained Ndadi.

Ndadi further confirmed that they started noticing the leak last month but avoided tempering with it as it was during the lockdown and when the country had just reported first cases of the killer Covid-19 disease.

“Our hope and prayer was that the leak would not become so bad before the end of the COVID-19 state of emergency, but the water pressure has gone down and therefore we have to fix the problem and we cannot do it without temporarily cutting the flow,” added Ndadi.

Seventy percent of water supply in Maun is from boreholes along Kunyere river in Nxaraga area, while the other two boreholes in Shashe and Sexaxa make up the remaining thirty percent.

“This effectively means Maun will be running with a seventy percent water shortage and we are pleading with members of the community to use water with extra care,” Ndadi added.

In fact some areas will go dry for over 24 hours and WUC has advised people to store water for weekend use today because from tomorrow, taps will be completely dry. “Many other homes will get water way beyond the 24 hours, because after maintenance the water has to make a long journey to reach the taps, for some it will take 48 hours or so. In fact the whole recovery process takes seven days so, it may be practically impossible to complete the recovery within 24 hours.”

Meanwhile Thamalakane river has started to fill up, but the WUC water treatment plant in Borolong is yet to start pumping water from the river as they have to wait for at least a month for the water “to be of better quality to be processed for consumption. Right now the water volume is still low for such an exercise but the plant is ready to start operations. Already we have begun testing the water for quality and it not yet where we want it to be,” Ndadi said.

Continue Reading

Sponsored ads