Father rapes daughter and gives her P50 to keep quiet

Gofaone Koogotsitse
ILLUSTRATION: Sexual assault

Police in Lobatse are investigating two separate rape cases in which a biological father reportedly locked his 19-year-old daughter inside the house for four days and raped her and another case which a woman was attacked and gang raped by three men.

It is alleged that the girl had left home in Pitshane to visit her father on December 21st, 2021 in Lobatse when the incident occurred.

Upon arrival at the father’s place in Peleng West, the girl waited till late in the evening as he was not home.

The teenage girl then decided to spend the night at her father’s place as it was already too late.

The 38-year-old father is then said to have raped the girl during the night and later in the morning he locked her up inside the house before leaving to work.

The father is said to have continued raping his daughter till he released her after four days on Friday (December 24th, 2021) and offered her P50 cash for her silence and also threatened to kill her if she ever told anyone or reported the matter to the police.

- Advertisement -

The traumatised girl later reported the matter to Lobatse police after two days on Sunday December 27th, 2021.

Lobatse Police Station Commander, Superintendent Baakile Moshashane briefly confirmed the tragic incidents saying the investigations were still ongoing.

“I confirm that the matter was reported before us, the father is helping the police with investigations. He has not yet been arraigned before court as the victim’s mother is still yet to provide some information and there are certain issues to be clarified,” explained Superintendent Moshashane before confirming another rape incident where a woman was gang raped by three men.

Moshashane said they were still on hunt for the three suspects who reportedly raped a 37-year-old woman also in Peleng West on December 27th, 2021 early morning while she was on her way from her mother’s place to her home.

The trio allegedly demanded some money from the woman at knife point before they dragged her to an abandoned house where they raped her one after the other and disappeared with her cellphone.

Share This Article
Leave a comment