Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


“I wanted him alive!”

WORRIED: Kelebogile

Suspected axe attacker found hanging in the bush

“I wanted him alive so he faces the law and is prosecuted for what he did. Committing suicide was not a good solution because he has a son with my sister who needs his love and care,” Kelebogile Ketlhobogilwe tells The Voice on Wednesday morning.

Three days earlier, the dead body of the man who put her sister in hospital was found deep in the dense bushes of Makhubu lands.

BADLY INJURED: Boseyong remains in hospital

Judging from the state of Michael Bone’s badly decomposed remains, it is suspected the 31-year-old had been dead for quite some time when cattle herders stumbled across his rotting corpse hanging from a tree.

“Even though I did not go to where his remains were discovered, I heard it was only the bones that were found as it seems he long killed himself. I cannot say I am happy that he was found dead because I do not know what transpired between him and my younger sister but as he disfigured her, I wanted him to go to prison for that!” continues Kelebogile.

The 28-year-old is talking to The Voice from her family home in Mabesekwa.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Kelebogile’s younger sister, Boseyong Ketlhobogilwe is 90km away, badly disfigured and lying weakly in a hospital bed in Francistown.

The 21-year-old barely escaped with her life after being axed in the face in a brutal attack that almost completely destroyed her nose.

“It was hanging off. He butchered her face!” says Kelebogile, blinking back tears as she narrates the bloody details of the night of 19 October.

Bone is said to have fled into the bush that night and was never seen alive again.

According to Kelebogile, Boseyong and Bone’s 11-month-old son has been ill ever since the family learnt of Bone’s demise.

“The baby’s temperature is always high and he is weak. And my sister is still in tubes at Nyangabgwe Hospital and she does not know about her boyfriend’s death. She cannot speak. The doctors said she might be able to speak in 45 days. We are hoping for the best as she was removed from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) two weeks back,” says Kelebogile, adding her grandmother, Kerileng Ketlhobogilwe, 75, who was also injured in the incident, is recovering well.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.


It is alleged that the trouble started when Boseyong and Bone returned home from a drinking spree.

Although their child was strapped to Boseyong’s back at the time, Bone is said to have struck her repeatedly with a knobkerrie. He reportedly dished out the same treatment to Kerileng, sending the old woman crumbling to the ground as she desperately tried to intervene.

It is alleged he then switched ‘weapon’ to an axe, slicing his lover’s face open before fleeing into the night.

Meanwhile, Tonota Station Commander, Oteng Ngada confirmed Bone remains had been found.

“His body was examined by a medical doctor on the spot who advised that he be buried immediately. He used a rope to hang himself and we suspect he had long committed suicide as his body was so badly decomposed. He was buried in his home village of Chadibe on the same day he was found,” closed Ngada.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You May Also Like


A 30-year-old woman reportedly died after being electrocuted by an electric cable which was lying on the ground from a fallen Botswana Power Corporation...


A young woman believed to be a victim of a predator dubbed the ‘Mokolodi Monster’ is today expected to come face-to-face with her suspected...


The Kazungula Bridge Marathon has welcomed more sponsors to their fold as the dates for the event approaches. With First National Bank Botswana (FNBB)...


Copyright © TheVoiceBW. (Since1993) made with ❤️ in Botswana.